Australian Parcel Lockers Win Award
Australian parcel locker company, Groundfloor™, has been recognised at the inaugural Proptech Awards. Groundfloor won ‘Most Innovative Scale Up Proptech’ in the Property & Facilities Management category at an award gala last week.
Proptech Awards 2021 are the first dedicated, national awards for Australia’s property technology sector. The Groundfloor™ team were thrilled with the acknowledgement of their smart parcel and dry-cleaning lockers solution.
Why smart parcel lockers?
Smart parcel lockers are a simple to install but powerful property technology. Groundfloor uses a combination of smart lockers and intuitive software to fully automate the management of deliveries. Technology that brings efficiency and convenience has become an expectation of residents, tenants, and employees. Without efficiency, you risk higher operational costs, unsustainable practices, and even hazardous workspaces.
The Proptech Awards event organisers, Proptech Association Australia, explained they wanted to reflect the excellent property technology solutions out there. The judges “rated highest the ideas that were proven or could show real traction in terms of adoption and clear thinking.“ They chose winners they “saw were the soundest real estate and property technology businesses that were solving real problems and making a difference in the lives of their customers.”
The judges comments on why Groundfloor™ won with their smart delivery locker solution:
- A really great product!
- I love the simplicity of the technology (all it needs is power) and the universal application across a range of built environments.
- A solution for an issue that’s so prevalent is great
On-premises parcel lockers: sustainable proptech
On-premises parcel lockers are a property technology with a huge impact on sustainability of the built environment. They play a key role in helping Australian cities become clean, efficient, better-designed cities. At scale, they will have a material impact on reducing road congestion and emissions. The impact on our urban centres when every delivery is made at the street level will be visible and measurable.
In the Melbourne CBD alone, there are over 10,000-12,000 delivery vans a day and many cars taking recipients to depots and public locations to collect missed deliveries. The Groundfloor smart delivery solution drives urban sustainability via:
- Faster, more efficient deliveries free up our city’s limited loading bays and ensures better foot-traffic flow in and around buildings.
- First time deliveries reduce the number of trucks required to service the same route
- Deliveries to workplaces reduce the number of failed deliveries to homes
On-premises parcel lockers: low cost solution
On-premises are a good example of a low cost solution. Turning buildings into high-performing assets doesn’t need to mean spending big or undertaking new training. Implementation can be simple and even have a low investment requirement. All that’s needed for Groundfloor parcel lockers is power at the site.
Groundfloor delivery systems also reduce operational costs. Managing delivery volumes has been a growing challenge particularly for facility management and concierge teams. With 85% of Australians now shopping online, streamlining deliveries – and making the whole process contactless – provides tangible benefits to property managers and operators, as well as owners, tenants and residents.
An overview of the benefits include:
- Removing the need for staff to deal with packages and deliveries, freeing them to spend time on more valuable tasks
- Improving building efficiency and reducing lift and lobby congestion
- Lowering operational and maintenance costs
- Enhancing building security
- Turning delivery management into an amenity and enhancing occupant experience
- Supporting a safe return
- Providing tenants with a community-building tool, space activation, and enhancing ancillary and concierge services.
- Improving efficiency while reducing traffic emissions and city road congestion.
“By centralising courier traffic, we help lower building operating costs, improve tenant productivity, and help deliver a great amenity to building occupants,” said Lynne Thornton, co-founder and Director of Groundfloor™.
Australia’s trusted parcel locker solution
Groundfloor has become Australia’s trusted parcel locker solution for property managers, operators, and specifiers. The company has facilitated over 200,000 deliveries and collections across Australia’s major cities. Soon, Groundfloor will launch the first New Zealand install.
Groundfloor parcel lockers have greatly assisted Australian buildings during the pandemic. Demand for Groundfloor more than doubled over the pandemic highlighting the parcel lockers COVIDsafe benefits. The smart lockers automate no touch delivery and collection in buildings across the built environment. In every location, minimising physical contact and the number of people inside a building has been crucial.
Groundfloor™ smart delivery lockers are essential to situations where:
- a “no-touch” transaction is required or desirable;
- building visitor numbers need to be reduced or removed;
- recipients are not immediately available to receive important goods; or the building has high security needs.
The Proptech Awards
Entries for the Proptech Awards came from all over Australia and New Zealand. To facilitate scoring, the awards were organised around three categories to reflect different stages of the business – Start-up, Scale Up, and Established Supplier.
A Gala Awards dinner was held in Sydney on May 27, at the Ashurst Lawyers Ballroom in Martin Place. Satellite functions were held in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth allowing those unable to travel to still be involved in the evening.
Due to a sudden lockdown, Melbourne’s satellite event was cancelled, so the Groundfloor™ team sadly couldn’t attend in person. However, the event organisers ensured the team were still able to “be there” watching from their screens. Thank you Property TV and Proptech Association Australia!